The new EP by Cozy Catastrophes, on February Records, features six pessimistic pop songs inspired by self-help books and pillow fights.
Available as a digital download or as a limited-edition cassette. The cassette is limited to 50 copies worldwide and features:
– A faithful reproduction of the Columbia House Record and Tape Club cassettes of the early '80s, including the putty-colored cassette shell!
– Dolby B noise reduction, for that vintage cassette blast!
– Complete lyrics in the cassette insert, presented in almost unreadably small type, just like in the good old days!
– A Cozy Catastrophes badge for your backpack or denim jacket!
– An exclusive bonus track with the digital download, available only to purchasers of the cassette!
– Other fun stuff!
Visit the February Records website at februaryrecords.bandcamp.com/album/way-last-june
if you'd like to download just the six-song EP. Or order now and be one of 50 people in the entire world to own the cassette!
What people are saying:
"Smart, warm and slightly somber bedroom-pop full of delicious melodic hooks and a subtle use of instruments like Casios, glockenspiels. An intimate pleasure!" – Bloodbuzzed
"This is the kind of music that, if used correctly, could become an internet sensation following some exposure in a hit U.S. drama." – Listen with Monger
"Sweetly composed indie pop that has a sugary quality that reminds me of Australian twee pop bands like the Lucksmiths and the Mabels." – Space Rock Mountain
"Insistent and urgent in a jingle jangle way." – Trip-TV
"Wonderfully jangly and slightly melancholic bedroom pop, all contained in one of the coolest cassette packages I've seen!" – Jigsaw Records
"Tragic pop for star-crossed love." – 433Eros